Madeira Funchal Airport Shuttle Transport
Frequent Asked Questions
Madeira-airport-Shuttle.com aim to be as helpful and informative as we possibly can.
We have tried to cover all the important topics, however, if you cannot find the answer to your question then please Contact Us or email us:
Once you've completed your Funchal Airport [ Fnc ] shuttle booking, we will email you your booking confirmation, within the next 24 hours which will show your complete itinerary.
Please check your spam folder as this usually seems to solve the problem in the majority of cases. Please also check if you entered your e-mail correctly. If this does not help, then, Send Us an email to or call us we will be able to send you the confirmation straight away.
- This is one of the biggest differences between us and the others. www.madeira-airport-shuttle.com allows you to book your Madeira Funchal airport shuttle ONLINE 12 hours prior to your flight. In these cases you will not receive a confirmation e-mail because you have made a booking very close to the time of arrival, our driver will still be there waiting for you (as our automated system will inform the driver). However, we highly recommend you to make your reservations in advance.
If your flight details change prior to departure simply Email Us.
- A one-way booking will include a single journey, either from your arrival Funchal [ fnc ] airport, or to your departure to the airport.
- A two-way booking includes both the arrival and departure shuttle from Funchal airport [ fnc ] to accommodation.
- As you come through the sliding doors from baggage reclaim, look out for your driver who will be holding up a sign with our name.
- If you do not see your Madeira Funchal airport driver then call us.
- Our telephone number is on your confirmation email.
We confirm ALL flight directly with [fnc] Funchal Madeira airport and will be waiting until you arrive.
- Our Madeira Airport Shuttle Driver will normally wait for 60 minutes before making enquiries with the airline and lost and found.
- The driver will also attempt to call you if a valid mobile telephone number is given..
- Only after all this and if there is no sign of the passengers will the driver leave Funchal airport.
- On Express Shuttle The Maximum Shuttle waiting time for customers at the airport is 30 minutes from the moment they make contact with our airport representative. We will try to keep waiting times to a minimum.
- Infants and children do count as one person. Under portuguese law and for your safety we must use baby seats for infants and children (aged from 0 months to 8 years). We strongly recommend that you inform us (just tick the baby seat option on the booking form) when making your booking. Children’s seats are provided free of charge..
- Each passenger has an allowance of a suitcase and piece of hand luggage .
- If you are bringing extra luggage for example; pushchairs, wheelchairs, golf bags or any other out of the ordinary items ; please Notify Us in the message box in the booking form or to the contact page; ensuring that we are aware of the extra luggage.
- We may have to send a larger car.
- There is no extra charge.if reserved at the time of booking the Shuttle.
Yes, you can book our return transfer the following ways:
- By email:
- Telefone: +(00351) 913 756 539
- or just tell the driver what time and day you want to be picked up.
- The times on the price list are the standard journey times on a normal day.
- These times may alter slightly in high season when there is more traffic or road works affect the direct route of the journey.
- You will be notified if there is any anticipated delay to your journey.
- We automatically calculate your collection time for your departure flight as the journey time plus 2 - 3 hours check in time.
- We at Madeira-Airport-Shuttle recommend that you arrive at funchal airport a minimum of 90 minutes before departure time. We will NOT accept responsibility for missed flights due to clients not booking the taxi with enough time to spare.
- On a shared transfer the time will be given to you and you CANNOT have an option to override it.
- Madeira Airport Shuttle Services are Door to Door
- Madeira Airport Express Shuttle transfers with a maximum of 3 stops
On your arrival at Funchal Airport, you will be pickup inside the Funchal Arrivals lounge. On The Return Transfer we will pick you up from the door step of your holiday accommodation and we will drop you at the door step of Madeira (Funchal ) Airport Departures.
- Yes,with a maximum of 3 Stops
- Very easy and safe.
- You pay the driver in cash [euros]
- Please pay all at once after you arrive at the Madeira Hotel. Once you have paid, the driver will give you ; a "Pick up voucher" ; which you will then give to the driver on the return journey in lieu of money.
- Or you are also welcome to pay online (in advance); we use PayPal, the system that is used by EBAY and offers the latest and best security technology. If you opt to pay in advance via PayPal our driver will be automatically informed so you will not need to do anything else.
- However, if you really do prefer not to pay all at once there is no problem; you can pay for each trip separately!
- We cannot guarantee an exact time. The maximum waiting time for transportation from the airport to the centre of funchal is 30 minutes, and the transfer time may take up to one hour. In the case of transportation to the airport, we guarantee a pick-up time in the range of +/- 15 minutes, and a maximum transfer time to the airport of one hour from the time of pick-up.
Please ask our driver.
All prices shown on our site are in Euros.
All drivers, passengers and vehicles are fully licensed and insured by the DRTT
All our drivers speak English and Portuguese.
We do not guarantee a specific kind of vehicle; it will probably be a taxi or a Minibus.
- On Express shuttle , No
- By prior arrangement on a Private Transfers
- We cater to any Accomadation on Madeira Island.
- Email us on: with the new your details.
- All free of charge.
- You may cancel your booking at any time, please email us on:
- If your flight has been cancelled by your airline please let us know so we can inform our driver.
- No Cancellation Fees
- Full Refund for Late Cancellations
Express Door to Door Shuttle Transfers - Operated from 07h30 to 20h00 - 7 days a week and 365 days a year - including holidays
- Shared transfer are quoted per people.
Madeira Airport Shuttle reserve the right to refuse to carry any person who is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs and/or whose behavior is considered to be abusive and could pose a threat to the driver, the vehicle or the other passenger(s).
- Our prices do not include a tip.
- In Madeira Island tips are not compulsory.
- As is standard across the globe if you feel your driver has been friendly and courteous, then a small tip is the norm.
No. All of our vehicles are strictly non-smoking. But there is always time to have a cigarette before boarding your shuttle.
- You can make a reservation as soon as you have your flight number.
- We allow you to make a reservation a maximum of 9 months before your date of travel.